27 September 2005

Last-minute flowers

Here's another project picture. Unfortunately, it began as a result of a big problem. Earlier this month, my mom-in-law called to inform my husband that he forgot her birthday! He, and I, felt horrible. After4 years of marriage I really should keep track of such things. So I immediately started these lovely flower washcloths from the book 'Weekend Knitting'. It took me less than a weekend, thank goodness and we sent them off with some lovely soap and the gift was a hit. Hopefully it made up for the forgetfullness!
They're knitted with cotten chenille yarn. It feels really nice but I didn't really like knitting with it. The finished project feels so soft though, I think I need to knit one for myself now!

1 comment:

Hutchings Home said...

Those are Really Cute. They would be so great for guests. In comment to forgetting the in-laws birthdays I do not know what it is, but I forget all the time too, and it has been three years. Had to comment because it made me laugh when I read it.