27 August 2006

Fair Ribbons!

I have had some really crappy stuff happen in the last few weeks but still . . . I didn't realize how long it had been since I've posted. I apologize and if I haven't commented on your blogs lately, I will be back soon. I'm doing better now.

So, the fair!! Mike and I went to a concert at the fair lastnight (The Decemberists, Violent Femmes and Cake- So Good!!) but on our way to the concert pavilion, I made him run through the home arts building, looking for our entries. I couldn't be at the fair and not find out even though we didn't have much time to get to the concert. Out of 5 knitted items, I got 4 1st places and one 3rd! I also got a blue ribbon for my bread but the judge thought my jam was "sticky." At least that's what she wrote on the back of my card. Oh well. Mike got a blue ribbon too! I think I'm more excited than he is. I'm going back next weekend to actually go to the fair so I'll scope it out better and take pictures then.
I finished knitting my ogee tunic and it's really pretty and sems like it'll fit well but I won't know for sure until I block it and sew it all together. I think I've finally cleared enough space in my messy house to block it so hopefully that'll happen soon.

This fine piece of knitting is the trellis scarf from the spring IK. It's Shadow from knitpicks that my fabulous secret pal sent me a while back. The color is called vineyard and it's more of an eggplant color than the picture shows. I started this on the plane back from El Salvador and didn't think I was going to continue knitting it because of the K7tog! But, I got past that and knitting 7 stitches together really isn't that bad. It helps that it makes a pretty pattern.

I hope you all had a great weekend. This is my last weekend ever of having to work both Saturdays and Sundays, so that helped get me through it!

10 comments:

Karen said...

Wow, congrats on all your ribbons!! Good for you. Can't wait to see the pics. I'm sorry about the crappy stuff that's been keeping you away. I hope things are much better now.

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the ribbons. That's fabulous!

I have some of the Shadow in my stash. You'll have to let me know what you think of it!

pdxkatie said...

Yeah! Yeah! Four first place ribbons! You are a ringer! We are going to the fair on Friday - I will look for your things. Good for you!

Carol said...

congratulations on your ribbons I'm so happy for you,:) I bet your jam is delicious

AmyArtisan said...

Congrats on the fair ribbons - how fun! The scarf is looking wonderful! :)

schrodinger said...

That's great stuff winning all those ribbons - Congratulations!!

If this comment comes up 3 times, it's blogger playing silly games :)

Anonymous said...

YAY! And your jam isn't sticky...(wait, isn't jam supposed to be sticky?). The scarf is BEE-YOU-TEE-FULL! I'm glad the k7tog isn't too bad. I'm attempting lace with the same yarn in Autumn...

It was great to see you Tuesday, sorry I was kinda un-sociable about hanging out after. Hope you had a good evening.
:O)

Alexis said...

The Decemberists, Violent Femmes and Cake?!?! I am soooooooo jealous!

Congrats on your ribbons!

Rachel said...

Yay on the ribbons!

carrie said...

sorry about everything that you're going through. let's hope it's all past you now, and i'm happy that you'll have a better schedule!