08 November 2006

I've been knitting!

Remember me? Not only do I still know how to knit but I've been knitting again!

I picked up my frost flowers and leaves shawl/blanket and have started working on it again. I was surprised at how easily the pattern came back to me. Even though I hadn't worked on it in weeks, I don't have to look at the pattern very often. I'm going to put it on scrap yarn soon because I have no idea how big it is! It doesn't look much different than the last photo I posted but trust me, it is.

I also knitted this quick baby sweater last weekend. It's Inca Cotton and I wish I had enough to knit myself a sweater with it. It's so soft! I found these adorable elephant buttons and they really finish the sweater. I sewed a ribbon to the inside so the buttons wouldn't pull on the stitches too much. That's all for now! You'll be hearing from me more regularly now that I have things to show you! There's nothing like the cold, rainy fall weather to make me start knitting again.

10 comments:

Carol said...

Where did you find the elephant buttons? and who is the lucky baby?
The weather this side of the border has been rainy and cold as well like you said great knitting weather:D

Karen said...

I agree, fall is great for giving your knitting a kick start. Your lovely projects probably help too. Those buttons are so great!!! I've never seen cute ones as nicely made as those - usually the cute ones are resin.

AmyArtisan said...

The sweater looks adorable! And the buttons are a great finish to it.

The shawl is looking lovely - what a pretty color!

miss ewe said...

Welcome back! Cute sweater, and I LOVE the buttons!

Anonymous said...

Love the elephant buttons! Too cute!!

I have FF&L on my to-do list, but sorry to say, it keeps gettting bumped down the line. Yours is lovely.

Anonymous said...

Hey, good to "see" you and good for you for knitting again! :-)

I've had a major attack of life, but a package is slowly filling up for you and should be on its way this week.

-Secret Pal

Anonymous said...

You are so right....the buttons add so much to this baby sweater. Great choice and what a lucky baby.

Vanessa said...

That is a gorgeous sweater and I love those buttons- where did you get them? Please tell me from the Internet, so I can get some, too :)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

awww, i love those buttons!