21 February 2007

Bigfoot Bunny

Sesame has her first stuffed animal! I knitted this mess in a little over a day but little did I know that it would take me a lot longer to turn all those pieces into this!Sewing, stuffing, sewing some more, taking an ear off, sewing it again. It took so much longer than I thought it would but it's so cute, it was worth it. It's the bigfoot bunny from Zoe Mellor's book Knitted Toys. The main yarn is Lorna's Laces shepherd worsted in the colorway safari. It was given to me by the very nice Sarah. (Go visit her and congratulate her on her good news!) It was lovely to knit with, as all Lorna's Laces yarns are. I wanted something fluffy and soft for the feet and ears so I broke down and bought some icky acrylic. It's Caron Bliss and while it feels kind of wrong to pair such nice yarn with cheap, crappy yarn, the effect is worth it. Hopefully sesame likes it. I did already take the rest of the skein of white fluffy stuff to the goodwill, though. I don't know who was happier about getting it out of the house- me or Mike. I have turned him into a yarn snob.Speaking of Mike, my newest project is a sweater for him. I have both sleeves done but it wouldn't make for a very exciting picture so I'll wait to show it to you. I've also pulled the frost flowers and leaves shawl/blanket out of the basket and started working on it again. I have added one whole repeat. Still a long, long way to go. At this point, each row is almost 1000 stitches long and altogether, I've knitted almost 58,000 stitches on this darn project! No, I didn't count them all. There's a frost flowers and leaves yahoo group and someone figured out all the stitch counts and made a spreadsheet. I'm not that crazy.

6 comments:

Sarah said...

Oh how neat! This looks MUCH better as a darling doll for your little Sesame than it does as the not-quite-long-enough boring poncho. Well done!

AmyArtisan said...

What an adorable sesame bunny! :) And the shawl is looking great as well.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
SimoneladybugKnits said...

Wow that's a cute bunny!

Anonymous said...

Hi there! I just wanted to make sure you're aware that your blog is in the queue for the Fiber Arts Bloggers ring, because your code needs some fixing. I just sent you the code again--please let me know if you don't get it? I'd love to get you back in the ring. :)

Pennie said...

he is awesome (or she)! I made a teddy bear at one point and my DH said it looked more like a voodo doll . . .yours is awesome!