23 April 2006

A little progress

It's been a while since I've posted, I know. Life has been insane lately but I think it's getting back to normal, whatever that really is. I still haven't finished my "modern bustier". I think that's a stupid name for the pattern. Does anyone have a better name? I did buy the things I need to finish it and I made progress. Here are the lovely rows of grommets I put in on Friday.All I have left to do is sew the fabric to the knitting. I was scared I was going to mess it up so I put it off for a few days. I think I've mustered up the courage now so hopefully you'll see it in all it's completed glory really soon. The weather is getting so nice that I really want to WEAR it!

I am making progress on my corset pullover. I finished the front and am about halfway through the back. I like how it looks so I'm just hoping that I'll like how it fits. No matter how well I measure and swatch, I'm never really sure it'll fit right until it's all done. It makes me kind of anxious if I think about it too much.
In other news, my grandpa had a birthday this month so my letter H in the abc-along is going to be for Happy birthday, Hugh! That's him in the picture with my uncle on the left and my dad on the right. Any guesses as to how old my grandpa is? The picture is from last year so add a year to how old you think he is in the picture.
He just had a big health workup and the only recommendation the doctor had was that he shouldn't drink anymore. My dad says that the only sign he's slowed down is that he doesn't do very many home-improvement projects anymore. He still drives, has a lovely girlfriend and is in really good health! All that and he just turned 93!!

No comments: