10 September 2006

Oliver is cute

Oliver is so cute!! He's my new bunny. His color is called chocolate but he's really a light orange. I don't know who comes up with the names. Here he's eating weeds like a good little bunny.
Since Kathy asked, here is some info about angoras. (If you're not interested, skip this part) They are more work than your average bunny. He lives outside but has a roof so he doesn't get rained on. Since they have so much fur it's important they don't get wet. They also don't do well in the heat. Again, because of all the fur. When it's really hot, we freeze a liter bottle of water and put it in the cage so the bunny can cool off. They also require brushing so they don't get mats in their fur. We'll see how this guy does but once they're over a year, most don't need to be brushed more than once a week. Different angora breeds need different amounts of brushing- it depends on how many guard hairs they have- and individuals vary too. They are the softest bunnies you'll ever feel and I love petting Oliver!

Besides knitting, my project this last week has been painting my bathroom. My bathroom used to be terrible. Here's the before:
It doesn't look that bad until you see the walls up close.
It's wallboard with wallpaper attached. (It's popular in trailers and manufactured homes. Classy stuff.) It was super old and dirty and we couldn't take the paper off because it's fused to the wall so we had to use a nasty oil-based primer to cover it all up. Fumes filled the house for days. How I love inhaling chemicals. It was all worth it, though, because now my bathroom looks like this. The color is called spring rain and it reminds me of a robin's egg. I love it! No more dirty, nasty walls! We even had this pretty print that matches perfectly.I haven't been neglecting my ogee tunic. I started seaming it together the other night and it's coming along slowly but surely. It's still summer so I'm not in a big hurry to finish it. It's not like I'll get to wear it soon. It's looking like it'll fit nicely and I am excited to see it all finished!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW Casey... sounds like that bunny is a ton of work. I have a hard enough of a time with my cats. Very very cute though!!! Also, I love the sweater! You are such an amazing knitter.

Anonymous said...

Hi bunny!
Hi Casey!
I can't wait to see your bathroom...
:O)

Anonymous said...

Oh Oliver! In the immortal words of David Cassidy and the person who made up this quote, I think I love you!

schrodinger said...

Oliver is not really cute... he's adorable!!!

Ogee is looking great1

Anonymous said...

Your bunny is the cutest thing I've seen in a long while! And the Ogee tunic is going to be gorgeous. Thanks for stopping by my blog - you can certainly be forgiven for not having known about me as a Portland knitblogger. I've only been here five months. :)

Agnes said...

OMG ... your bunny is such a ball of loveliness! So, you'll have angora to spin!