29 September 2006

Flock and Fiber and Finished Things

I finished the trellis scarf! This is the first lace item I've knit that looked all bunchy until I blocked it. It came out so pretty that I'm rethinking my plan to give it away. I don't really need it, though. I want to put some beads on the ends of the points like I did with the wavy scarf I knit last year but I'll wait to do that until I know who it'll be for. The picture is shadowy. The true color is the deep purple in the upper right corner.
Last weekend I went to the Flock and Fiber Festival with my friends Lisa and Kirsten. We saw a lot of animals and a lot of fiber! Even Lisa, who's not a knitter, had fun. At least until she saw people buying really ugly shirts and was disturbed.

We saw a lot of great yarn and a lot of great fiber that made me with I could spin. The highlight, though, was the animals. Alpacas are the cutest!! Just look at this one munching his hay. How could you not want to take him home?

This pretty trio was for sale. Each a different color. I wanted them. I still want them. The weirdest animal was the Jacob Sheep. Look at all the horns! We weren't allowed to pet them. It was probably so we didn't get impaled by all the horns. They looked friendly but we followed orders. I got a great deal on some Brown Sheep Cotton Fleece. They were seconds so each skein was only $3! I have been wanting to knit Rusted Root for a while now so I bought some cotton fleece and started knitting. It's a quick knit so hopefully I'll get to wear it before the weather gets really cold. I also bought a big skein of organic Inca cotton and knit a quick little washcloth. It's so soft! I wish you all could feel it! The pattern is from Mason-Dixon Knitting but the pattern is free on the web (that's how I got it!) here.

10 comments:

Agnes said...

Woo ... what a coincidence! I also finished my Trellis Scarf! And yes, it is pretty! The colour you used is gorgeous! :)

Anonymous said...

I love Alpaca's. And spinning alpaca fiber!

Looks like you had a great time!

Anonymous said...

What a great post. It was very fun. :O)
I am always amazed with your knitting speediness. Maybe I need to learn continental...

I WANT AN ALPACA!

schrodinger said...

The trellis scarf looks lovely, nice job!

Anonymous said...

I came to see the llamas from kirsten's blog and you did not disappoint!! Do you spin your angora rabbit's fur? Congrats on the trellis, that's definitely a keeper 8-)

Vanessa said...

What a beautiful scarf! Great job- and I love the color.

miss ewe said...

Your trellis is gorgeous! Congrats!
How's your new bunny doing?

Pennie said...

that scarf is really pretty. Love the detail, I want to attempt a lace scarf, maybe after all the OTN projects I have finished I will attempt.

Anonymous said...

Wow, nice scarf! :-)

This is your secret pal for SP9, just letting you know I'm out here somewhere.

Anonymous said...

Nice knitting! love your site...