04 November 2005

Off to the coast!

I'm off to the coast this evening! My church home community is going on a retreat in Lincoln City. It'll be windy and rainy but that's fine with me. That'll just leave more time to sit inside, knit and hang out with friends. I'll be bringing Dublin Bay sock #2 (cast on yesterday morning) and my new project! I just got my order of knitpicks yarn in a pretty gray color (called fog, perfect for a weekend at the coast!) so of course I had to cast on and start knitting. I'm making this sweater my Adrienne Vittadini.
It's beautiful but I'm making some changes. I'm eliminating the eyelets to make it warmer. I'm also knitting it in the round and am making the ribbed section at the bottom a little shorter and so far, I've just about finished knitting it (the ribbing that is). I haven't forgotten the flame sweater. I ran out of yarn (again!) and haven't been able to get to the store to buy more. It's close to completion, though.
Have a good weekend everyone!

No comments: