22 January 2006

Happy Birthday, Mom!!

Hi mom, welcome to my blog! I've been working on your gift for awhile now but I couldn't quite finish in time for you to get it on your Big Day so a preview is in order.I thought you might like some pretty, handknit socks to put a little spring in your step. Literally- the yarn color is called daffodil and a friend brought me a daffodil last night so, voila, a photo was born. They're merino wool so they're really, really soft and warm, too. I will finish them today and mail them tomorrow so they should be coming to a mailbox soon. If you read some of my other entries, you can see some other pictures of your socks if you'd like. I hope you have a great day!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are amazing!! I am so lucky. You're right - I wanted socks for Xmas! I love walking around the house and lounging on the couch with socks versus slippers - they are often so hard!
This blog site is the best present too - I get to see into a window of what you do and like.....
To us -- the birthday girls -- Aquarius rules! And you especially do!!

SoVeryDomestic said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Maytina said...

Happy Birthday! I just stumbled on your blog from an old post on Craftster. Those are some seriously great socks!

{The deleted post was me, I was signed in under a very old account...)