24 June 2006

Finally a finished picture! (and the letter M)

It's done and it fits!! I love my corset pullover. If you like it too, the pattern is free! That makes it even better in my mind.

Yarn: Knitpicks shine sport in hydrangea. The pattern called for a worsted weight yarn so this involved a LOT of math to adjust the pattern. I love the result. If anyone is interested in the pattern using a sport weight yarn, I can hook you up.
Needles: Size 6 denise interchangeables.
Ch-ch-changes: Besides the extreme change in gauge, not too much. I made it about an inch longer (as I do nearly everything). I also omitted the cinch straps on the sides and the sleeves. I didn't wan tto make the top any "fussier" than it already is and I also just wanted to be finished. The top is pretty and doesn't need anything else. I love the lace edgings and its femininity.

Speaking of femininity, I mentioned last time that I have a solution for my too-big, super-feminine "modern bustier." I haven't yet fixed it, though. I need a little distance from it right now. I'm mad at it for being too big but it'll eventually show up fixed.

I have a backlog of pictures to share with you so my letter M is going to be a couple of things- Monolith and Mt. St. Helens. In the last week, I've been to both of these famous Pacific Northwest landmarks. Last weekend my mom came up from California and we had a girl's weekend at the beach and went here.It's Haystack Rock, the 3rd largest Monolith in the world. A monolith is a feature that is made up of a single stone or rock (what's the difference?) and this one is 235 feet tall! It's in Cannon Beach, Oregon. Supposedly, puffins live on it but I didn't see any. My mom and I had a great weekend and it was so pretty at the beach! Today, Mike and I went to Mt. St. Helens - the volcano that erupted in 1980. It used to be pointy on the top but that blew off in 1980 and covered the area in massive amounts of ash. This web site has some cool pictures of it erupting.

Today we went to the Ape Cave Lava Tubes. It's a giant underground tunnel that was created by a lava flow when the volcano erupted somewhere around 2000 years ago. It was so cool! We climbed over huge boulder piles, navigated out way around puddles and had to wear sweatshirts and long pants even though it was 80 degrees today (it was cool 42 degrees in the cave). All of this in total darkness. Well, we had headlamps and a mag light but it was still dark! When we turned of our lights, I couldn't even see my hand when it was inches form my face. It was cool. Here are the best pictures we managed to take. I have a new knitting project but I think I've posted enough pictures for today and there's really not much to show yet, anyway.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

The Corset looks wonderful! I love the color!

Looks like you girls had a great time!

AmyArtisan said...

The corset looks great! Your weekend with your mom looks like you had a lot of fun - great pics. Also, it looks like you & Mike had a fun outing this weekend. :)

Kimberly said...

love the corset! It looks great on you! :)

Anonymous said...

Love the pullover! What's next?

Vanessa said...

What a beautiful, intricate sweater. I've been so busy with wedding things, I'm just catching up on reading blogs. Love all your colorful pics this month, and the bag you did is so cool! Can't wait to see the next project.

Agnes said...

Your Corset is fabulous! I'd like to make one too ... I think Cotton Ease would be the right gauge.
Love the photos of your trips.

carrie said...

the corset is great! i haven't seen that one finished yet. it's really beautiful! i'm inspired.

opportunityknits said...

The corset is so pretty in this shade of blue. Looks lovely on you.

Anonymous said...

Ohmigosh, I love your corset! And you modified the pattern, I haven't been able to figure that out. Please let me know how to make it out of a sport weight! Thanks for any help (i've ripped this out four times now!)